Thursday 7 April 2011

Two days of typing

Well, considering I've been typing for the last two days pretty much non stop I figured I may as well put up my blog already. I had to make a massive project for a lesson that basically goes entirely to try and make you think about what you want, what kind of job and what future plans you might have or want to make. They told me to start a few weeks ago, but silly and student like as I am, I started yesterday! So, now I've written 32 pages all about myself in about 2 days. Well, I have to say I'm impressed with that. Finally having Office installed on my pc, and not having a tree of papers I need to look at all at the same time means I didn't have to sit on the bed with the laptop and get a sore back so I actually managed to write that much in so little time. I can't even remember the last time I wrote that much in such a short amount of time. 


Today we got a letter of Sue which included some job offers from a Welsh newspaper, it was supposed to be for looking what kind of jobs are around for Dan, but it contained a very good job in Cardiff for me. Very happy to see they're still looking for nurses even in the recession and with the NHS changing so much now.. I've also been looking around on UK job search websites and they are indeed still looking for nurses, and I'd be getting a decent pay, pretty equal with that I'd be earning here. 


Due to all the schoolwork we've had the last week or two, as it's our two testweeks last week and this week I've not really had much time to knit, so the scarf is still equally long as last week. Which is still pretty long! I've also found a nice pattern for a pillowcase which I'll probably be making next.


Next week my next period of school starts, and I'll have to go travel a lot again. Because there's so little students left they've combined the schools in Amsterdam and Alkmaar (a place close to my parents, an hours train ride away from here) and for this period the group from Alkmaar had to go to Amsterdam. But that does sadly mean that for the next period we'll have to go to Alkmaar and travel for over an hour and a half... For some reason they also put the days too full as we've got to start at 8:30 quite a bit and go till around 15:00 or even later a few times! :(

No comments: