Sunday 17 April 2011

First week of coaching

This week was a fairly boring and normal week. We did have some stress over the fact that I got paid far less then expected. I should still get the money, but they have some weird way of paying in advance and completely miss guessing how much I would work or something.. Which made me end up with less then a weeks pay for the entire month. Does mean we'll have some extra for the next month, but still, that doesn't help paying the bills this month :S


I've started on the last minor of my study, coaching. It's promising to be a very fun and good period I think, apart from the one and a half hours travel to Alkmaar once a week and the ridiculous days.. We start at 8:30 in the morning nearly every week and have to go till somewhere between 15:00 and 18:00 as well. Just because they are trying to fit it into one day instead of two. If they would just make it two normal timed days out of it we would have some time to work on the project before or afterwards as well, but well. 
There's one super boring teacher who just gives examples with everything and further reads of the powerpoint presentation.. :s Also, all the projects have to be handed in on paper and aren't allowed to be handed in just digitally, luckily we're in a project group which contains a few people from Alkmaar as well, so hopefully they won't mind to hand it in without us having to ride all the way down to be there as well!


I've finally had enough time to finish off Dan's scarf as well! The last bits were pretty tough, but well, I got it done. Of course it could have been a bit longer as well, but Dan said that after I finished it :P


But here are the pictures of the scarf. On the first one it's laying folded around and double on the sofa.
The second is Dan wearing it. He's not looking very impressed, but I think that's more because of me taking the picture while he's playing a Xbox game :P

No comments: