Sunday 10 July 2011

Graduated!!

Well, last Thursday was my graduation! Finally! :D I've got my papers! 
Last Sunday Sue decided to fly over as well, so she was here from Tuesday afternoon till Thursday evening. Which was absolutely amazing! :D
I was pretty nervous because that also meant she was going to meet my parents! All of them, because not just my mom, but also my dad and Dick were going to show up for it! But all was fine. All I don't think my dad said much at all to her, but that's probably his usual struggle with the English language.


While every body inside had to listen to a welcome story we had to line up in alphabetical order outside. Then we got to go in and we had to sit on the first two rows. Then there was a couple of teachers doing some stories. One was on video and very funny. Then we had to take the oath. Which was like three powerpoint sheets long! We all had to read out the sheets at the same time. After that we had to turn around and each individually got asked: "What do you say to this?" and then we had to answer with "Yes, I promise" or "Yes, I promise or so God mighty help me". For that we looked at the entire audience, who were representing society in there.


Then there was a teacher who said a little something about every one of us personally. I thought that that really added to it! What he said about me was this: I started the study as a quiet and shy girl. Then, from quite close by, he saw me grow to a nurse which was taken into account by the entire department from an academical hospital. With that he hinted at the fact that I finished all my internships in the third year so well. During that time he was my internship coach, so he literally saw me grow during that time.


After that we all got called to the front one by one to sign the papers and get the badge. During that there was a sheet on the beamer with a picture and bit about the person. With me they went on about my project. The subject for that was about the internal transfer on the ward. I didn't think this was going very well, because the forms were too long, and therefore not used. They pitched in on that about the fact that I'm a quiet girl, a girl about little words, and that everything should be to the point. Then they ended it with the line: "Let's hope for her that they'll appreciate working to the point in Great Britain". So they had put that in too! Which I thought was really awesome!



After the graduation ceremony was done there was some time to sit around, congratulate and get congratulated and have a drink and a snack. And I finally had some time to spend with the people I invited to be there with me :) One colleague showed up as well, she brought a huge bouquet of flowers and a card. From my dad I got a bouquet of flowers as well, from my grandparent some money and from my mom an awesome necklace and bracelet. But the best gifts I got were that everybody was there to be witness of and celebrate with me this very important event :) 

No comments: